Projects and grants
Types of supported activities
- Projects aimed at long-term cooperation
- Joint scientific events for students, such as seminars or field trips
- Joint bilateral scientific events such as symposia, expert meetings and workshops
- Preparatory phase for programmes that award double degrees
- Research trips to obtain scientific data
- Financial support for the publication of outputs from completed projects
- Summer colleges, i.e. summer language courses in Czech or German
- Specialised summer schools based on different scientific disciplines
- Academic exchanges for the purpose of carrying out educational events under the master’s and doctoral study programmes of the host institution
In the case of all the activities supported, priority will be given to young scientists (up to 10 years from completion of their doctoral studies).
Who can apply for a joint project?
Project proposals, which must be attached to the Grant Applications submitted by universities to the MEYS, may only be submitted by employees of authorised educational institutions.
In the Czech Republic:
- state universities, pursuant to Annex 1 of the Act on Universities No. 111/1998 Coll.
How to submit a project proposal
Find a partner in Austria or in Czechia and write a joint project proposal.
The joint project proposal is submitted by the author to the Czech University Rector’s Office – as a single PDF file with an academic CV.
The project proposal must clearly detail the proposer’s own financial funding for the activity proposed and how these funds will be used.
A grant application must be submitted to the MEYS by the state university, in writing or electronically (it should be addressed in the notes to the Director of the Department of International Relations).
See also the detailed instructions for submitting project proposals: Czech version, German version
Address for applications
Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports
Department of International Relations
Prague 1 – Malá Strana
Data box ID: vidaawt