The EC is organizing a series of webinars on early childhood education and care. Read the minutes of the April meeting.
How to make early childhood education and care (ECEC) available, accessible and affordable for all? This was the main question of the April webinar on the pre-school education and care in Europe. The EU's commitment to promoting access to high-quality and affordable ECEC for all children was discusses, as well as specific strategies, procedures and ideas on how to address this issue. Read more in the minutes of the event (CZ).
Improving access to a high-quality ECEC for children from an early age is one of the EU's priorities. The Working Group on ECEC (ET 2020) recently published a Toolkit for inclusive early childhood education and care, which explores how to strengthen inclusive pre-school education and care systems that benefit all children through a range of policies and practices.
The April webinar was the second in line, more debates on ECEC in Europe will follow during spring and autumn 2021. A series of webinars was launched on 3 March 2021 by Mariya Gabriel, European Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth. Events are open to everyone and recordings are published afterwards.
List of webinars
- 3 March 2021: A focus on inclusion and staff professionalisation
- 27 April 2021: Available, accessible and affordable ECEC for all
- 20 May 2021: Supporting the initial training of ECEC staff
- 10 June 2021: Going beyond the ECEC setting: working with families and for the whole community
- 24 June 2021: The state of the ECEC sector: over a year into the COVID-19 pandemic
- September 2021: Reinforcing the continuous professional development (CPD) of ECEC staff
- October 2021: Inclusive ECEC to support all children: delivering quality services to children with disabilities and a migrant background
More info to be found on the EC website.