Přihlašování je otevřeno do 10. listopadu 2023.
The European Commission has opened applications for the fourth edition of the New European Bauhaus Prizes 2024. As in previous years, the Prizes will be awarded in four categories:
- Reconnecting with nature
- Regaining a sense of belonging
- Prioritising the places and people that need it the most
- Shaping a circular industrial ecosystem and supporting life cycle thinking
In each of the four categories, two parallel competition stands are established:
- Strand A: „New European Bauhaus Champions“ is for existing or completed projects that have clear and positive results.
- Strand B: “New European Bauhaus Rising Stars” is for concepts submitted by young talents under the age 30.
At the same time, the fourth edition comes with three novelties:
- One fourth of the prizes will be awarded to projects and concepts originating from regions that face the most pressing socio-economic issues in the EU and are at the of the actions of EU’s cohesion policy. For the Czech Republic, it involves the following areas: Severozápad, Severovýchod, Střední Morava a Moravskoslezsko. The maps of the regions considered together with the list are available on the NEB Prizes website.
- Applications of projects and concepts in Ukraine, in addition to EU Member States and the Western Balkans can also enter the Prizes.
- “Special Recognition to Ukraine’s Reconstruction and Recovery Effort” prize will be awarded to a project or concept supporting the country’s reconstruction and recovery effort in the spirit of the New European Bauhaus.
Total of 20 innovative projects and concepts will be awarded. The winners will receive a financial reward of up to 30 000 EUR and a communication package from the European Commission.
Applications are open until 10 November 2023. The results will be announced during the New European Bauhaus Festival, which will take place in Brussels from 17 to 21 April 2024.
You can find more information together with a guide for applicants on the website of the New European Bauhaus Prizes.