The evaluation shows that the European Union has made progress in the implementation of ERA policies.
The European Commission published its first review in which it assesses the implementation of ERA policies and the progress achieved in the priority areas of cooperation in the European Research Area. The document is part of the recently launched ERA Monitoring Mechanism, which also includes the ERA Policy Platform, together with the ERA Dashboard and Scoreboard and country level reports.
The assessment gives a summary of quantitative data that has identified trends that will contribute to the accomplishment of the priorities outlined in the European Union's Pact for Research and Innovation. Simultaneously, it provides an overview of qualitative information describing the present status of various ERA measures stated in the ERA Agenda 2022-2024.
The assessment shows that together with Member States, associated countries and stakeholders in research and innovation, the EU has made progress. Examples include the following:
• Action 3: establishment of the Coalition for Advancing Research Assessment (CoARA).
• Action 4: prepartion of a Council Recommendation on a ‘European framework to attract and retain research, innovation and entrepreneurial talents in Europe’ in 2023
• Action 7: adoption of a Council Recommendation on the guiding principles for knowledge valorization in 2022
• Action 12: adoption of Industrial Technology Roadmaps
• Action 19: development of a new ERA monitoring and evaluation framework
You can find more information in the ERA Monitoring Report 2023.