Who are STUDY IN’s target groups?
Pupils and students
Professionals in education
I am a foreign student
… and I am applying to study in the Czech Republic
For those interested in studying at a Czech university, we offer the following on the website at www.studyin.cz:
- a comprehensive insight into Czech universities;
- an interactive study portal offering more than 1,000 university study programmes in English and other languages;
- information on the higher education system and on the visa and admissions processes;
- an overview of scholarship opportunities;
- the possibility of contacting a STUDY IN representative or a student ambassador from their country or region;
- the experiences of current international students, as reported in a student blog.
During the year, STUDY IN organises a Czech stand at foreign student fairs and virtual events, webinars and Facebook live events. Current events can be found here.
Foreign applicants can also find STUDY IN on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. On Facebook there is the Study in the Czech Republic – Official Group, where applicants can interact with current foreign students.
I am a foreign student
… and I am currently studying in the Czech Republic
Current foreign students can participate in the ambassador programme and share their experiences with new applicants by publishing their profile online, answering student questions, contributing to our students blog and Instagram as one of the media ambassador.
Current students have a Facebook group, Study in the Czech Republic – Official Group, where they can discuss and share experiences with other foreign students in the Czech Republic, and can attend get-togethers organised by the STUDY IN initiative and Czech universities.
I am an alumnus
Students can join the Czech Republic Alumni programme even before they graduate. This programme aims to group together and support foreign students and graduates who are studying or have studied at Czech universities. The idea is to consolidate their relationship with the Czech Republic.
This alumni programme offers:
- To link up alumni in a professional LinkedIn group
- Participation in events organised by STUDY IN and its partners
More about services, benefits and programme registration can be found at STUDY IN website.
I’m a university representative
We offer the following activities to universities that want to move forward with their international cooperation:
Presentations on a joint STUDY IN stand at professional and student foreign fairs of international education and at associated networking events.
We are planning the following events this year:
- NAFSA eConnection Showcase 2020, virtual (26 May – 17 June 2020)
- OCSC International Education Expo in Bangkok, Thailand (14-15 November 2020)
If you are interested in more detailed information, please contact the STUDY IN representative.
Universities are promoted:
on the website at www.studyin.cz
- In the study programme portal under the section Universities and Programmes
- Under the Meet us section
- Under the Students’ blog section
on social media
- Contributions are published on the Study in the Czech Republic Facebook page
- Videos are shared on the Study in the Czech Republic YouTube channel
- Photographs are posted on the Study in the Czech Republic Instagram account
in information materials and publications
- Information about the university in “Czech Higher Education”, a publication focusing on international cooperation
and at virtual events
- Virtual fairs
- Social media campaigns
STUDY IN contact network and working group
We have created a contact network for representatives of the foreign departments of universities and for experts in the field of international education. The aims of the network are:
- to deepen existing cooperation in the promotion of higher education
- to create a platform for exchanges of experience and to generate more interest in studying at Czech universities
Besides representatives of universities’ foreign departments, members of the network include representatives of certain embassies and Czech Centres. The working group comprises a smaller number of contact network representatives.
The Internationalisation and Marketing discussion groups in Yammer are intended for the broader group of representatives of Czech universities. If you are interested in accessing these groups, please get in touch.
Organisation of seminars with foreign experts
In the field of international education, we organise the following seminars with foreign experts:
- EAIE In-House Training
- Integration of relations with graduates into the institutional strategy (in the plan for 2020)
- Agent-driven student recruitment (2019)
- Basics of devising a strategic internationalisation plan (2018)
- Internationalisation at home (2018)
- Seminars as an add-on to participation in foreign fairs
Monitoring Internationalisation is a long-term project of the Ministry of Education. Since 2018, it has been implemented by the Centre for International Cooperation in Education. The aim is to offer Czech universities an effective means of evaluating and analysing their internationalisation processes.
The monitoring, by an expert commission of foreign experts, results in recommendations to the participating universities on how to improve their internationalisation activities and formulate an action plan to achieve the goals.
Every month, we prepare a newsletter for university representatives, which contains various international education offers, including offers to participate in foreign education fairs, conferences and workshops. If you are interested in subscribing to our newsletter, you can subscribe.