Academic Information Agency (AIA) is a part of the Centre for International Cooperation in Education, a semi-budgetary organisation that was established by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic in order to perform tasks relating to educational contacts with foreign countries.
- It collects, processes and disseminates information on the possibilities of education of Czech citizens (especially university students, postgraduate students and teachers) abroad.
- Before the beginning of each academic year, AIA uses information obtained from the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports to draw up a complete list of scholarship stays abroad that are available under international agreements for the next academic year.
- It is responsible for implementing selection procedures (with the exception of the list of quota) for scholarship stays abroad under international agreements. During the academic year, it carries out administrative and organisational work relating to the selection of candidates for open scholarship stays, based on the instructions from the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. AIA professionals provide consultancy in the area of the scholarships on offer.
- On its website, it also continuously publishes offers of other scholarships that are being provided outside the framework of intergovernmental agreements, as well as on other possibilites to study abroad.
- It participates in providing teaching and observation internships for primary and secondary school teachers (mainly in German-speaking countries and France).
- It also organises (and is responsible for the administrative aspects of) selection procedures for foreign scholarships for secondary school students, namely for study at lyceums in Dijon and Nîmes, France, and at the Czech-German upper secondary school in Pirna.
- It provides primary and secondary schools with contact details of English teachers who are native speakers.
- It issues confirmation of posting to study abroad (i.e. posting to the former Eastern Bloc countries) of Czechoslovak citizens before 1989.
Search engine for study abroad opportunities
Study abroad opportunities by country can be found through the SEARCH ENGINE.
PLEASE NOTE that it is necessary to read all related information in the respective sections to which the opportunities are tied, i.e. information in the sub-sections of the International Agreements – Higher Education Scholarships, Other Study Opportunities – Higher Education sections).
How to search for information on the AIA web page
The menu has 2 levels. The requested information will not display until you click on the relevant choice on the level 2 of the menu, i.e. you must first click on the relevant button in the first/upper level of the menu and then on the relevant second/lower level button.
What to do if a PDF document does not automatically open
Some information is published in a PDF format. If these documents do not automatically open directly from the page, we recommend that you first save the document to your computer – right-click the link (name) and select "Save target as..." from the menu.
Centre for International Cooperation in Education
Academic Information Agency
Na Poříčí 1035/4
110 00 Prague 1
tel: 221 850 505 Mgr. Pavel Rybář
221 850 504 Sabine Borovanská, M.A.
e-mail: aia (at) dzs (dot) cz
Mon - Thu 11 a.m. - 12 noon 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Fri 11 a.m. - 12 noon
If necessary, other times can be arranged.