The Academic Information Agency (AIA) is part of the Centre for International Cooperation in Education, a semi-budgetary organisation that was established by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic in order to perform tasks relating to educational, school and other contacts with foreign countries.
- It collects, processes and disseminates information on the possibilities of education of Czech citizens (especially university students, postgraduate students and teachers) abroad.
- Before the beginning of each academic year, it uses information from the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports to draw up a complete list of scholarship stays abroad that are available under international agreements for the next academic year.
- It is responsible for implementing selection procedures (outside the list of quota) for scholarship stays abroad under international agreements. During the academic year, it carries out administrative and organisational work relating to the selection of candidates for open scholarship stays, based on instructions from the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports. AIA professionals provide consulting services for specific scholarships on offer.
- On its website, it also continuously publishes offers of other scholarships that are being offered outside the framework of intergovernmental agreements, as well as other offers to study abroad.
- It participates in providing teaching and observation internships for primary and secondary school teachers (mainly in German-speaking countries and France).
- It acts as the national coordinator of the Council of Europe’s PESTALOZZI Programme for further education of teachers and teaching staff.
- It also organises (and is responsible for the administrative aspects of) selection procedures for foreign scholarships for secondary school students, namely for study at lyceums in Dijon and Nîmes, France, and at the Czech-German upper secondary school in Pirna.
- It provides primary and secondary schools with contacts for English teachers who are native speakers.
- It issues confirmation of posting to study abroad (i.e. posting to the former Eastern Bloc countries) for Czechoslovak citizens before 1989.
Search engine for study abroad opportunities
Study abroad opportunities by country can be found through the SEARCH ENGINE.
PLEASE NOTE that it is necessary to read all related information in the respective sections to which the opportunities are tied, i.e. information in the sub-sections of the International Agreements – Higher Education Scholarships, Other Study Opportunities – Higher Education sections).
How to search for information on the AIA web page
The menu has 2 levels. The requested information will not display until you click on the relevant choice in level 2 of the menu, i.e. you must first click on the relevant button in the first/upper level of the menu and then on the relevant second/lower level button.
What to do if a PDF document does not automatically open
Some information is published in PDF format. If these documents do not automatically open directly from the page, we recommend that you first save the document to your computer – right-click the link (name) and select "Save target as..." from the menu.
Centre for International Cooperation in Education
Academic Information Agency
Na Poříčí 1035/4
110 00 Prague 1
tel: 221 850 505 Mgr. Eva Jermanová
221 850 504 Karla Benešová
725 017 325 mobile (for emergencies only)
e-mail: aia (at) dzs (dot) cz
Mon - Thu 11 a.m. - 12 noon 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Fri 11 a.m. - 12 noon
If necessary, other times can be arranged.